Friday, November 7, 2008

Could expectations get any higher?

David Brooks has a dream:

Walking into the Obama White House of my dreams will be like walking into the Gates Foundation. The people there will be ostentatiously pragmatic and data-driven. They’ll hunt good ideas like venture capitalists. They’ll have no faith in all-powerful bureaucrats issuing edicts from the center. ...

They will actually believe in that stuff Obama says about postpartisan politics. That means there won’t just be a few token liberal Republicans in marginal jobs. There will be people like Robert Gates at Defense and Ray LaHood, Stuart Butler, Diane Ravitch, Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Jim Talent at other important jobs. ...

My dream administration will announce a Budget Rebalancing Initiative. Somebody like Representative Jim Cooper would go through the budget and take out the programs and tax expenditures that don’t work. “If we have no spending cuts, then we’re saying government is perfect. Nobody believes that,” Cooper says.

1 comment:

  1. Expectations can always be difficult to manage especially if they are without any planning. As a Forex trader, I have learned to work keeping tight control on my expectations. I work with OctaFX broker and they are really the best company to deal with given their low spread of 0.2 pips, high leverage up to 1.500 plus much more benefits that helps me in working according to my expectation and always ends in positive notes for me without having to face huddles.

    ReplyDelete