Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How bad is our fiscal crisis?

Unimaginably bad.  We are going to look back fondly at the debates in Wisconsin.
The bottom line, then, is that we need to look at the infinite-horizon fiscal gap not just for Social Security, but for the entire federal government. That analysis, based on the Congressional Budget Office’s long-term alternative fiscal scenario, shows an unfathomable fiscal gap of $202 trillion. And covering this gap requires coming up with the aforementioned 12 percent of GDP, forever.

1 comment:

  1. Crisis is always bad for everyone, so I don’t think there can be anything like good when it comes to crisis. I am doing Forex trading where we often face crisis. I am lucky that I have got high class broker like OctaFX where I get perfect support with rebate program, it allows me to earn 15 dollars profits per lot size trade and that includes the losing trade as well, so that’s why it is great for me to have this option.

    ReplyDelete