Wednesday, April 12, 2017

CFA Exam Price Discrimination

An effective way of sorting high willingness-to-pay from low willingness-to-pay consumers is by using the time to the event. The CFA Institute has learned this trick comon to airlines. By registering for exams early enough, you can save about half the fee. For example, here is the schedule for the December 2017 exam.

Early registration fee US$ 650 (15 Mar 2017)
Standard registration fee US$ 930 (16 Aug 2017)
Late registration fee US$ 1,380 (13 Sep 2017)

It is likey that there are negligible costs involved with the late regestrations.

Suggested by Sameer Sathe

1 comment:

  1. A cousin of mine has just cleared the CFA level 3 exam and he is very ecstatic about it. I hope that I’ll also be able to perform well in the LSAT exams that I’ll be taking this year. I am quite confident that I’ll clear the exam with good scores as I’m preparing for it at one of the Best LSAT Courses.

    ReplyDelete